Homecoming Pep Assembly

Miracle Sweas, Staff Reporter

The homecoming pep rally is a time for students and staff to enjoy the end of the day in the gym supporting sports teams alike. The pep assembly encourages school spirit, especially with the school spirit week which had hyped the students up for the homecoming game.

The balloon relay, tug of war, and scooter races had the bleachers screaming with excitement. These events had the crowd cheering on their peers, hoping their grade would come first. Freshman Brianna Sweas says, “I thought that the pep assembly was a bit shorter than it should’ve been and they should’ve played the music more longer.”

The stands were stomping as Wisdom Agossou and Lauryn Calhoun walked up to be crowned homecoming king and queen. Homecoming king and queen were nominated by the seniors that week, most nominees having posters along the hallways saying “vote for…”. During the homecoming week, clubs and activities had a competition of the best hallway that has been decorated on during homecoming week. Power PE had won the best decor. Junior Andrew Osorio said, “The pep rally was very entertaining for the school as a whole but I felt it would have been better if they had gotten the crowd more involved in the rally and incorporated more activities that everyone would have enjoyed.”

Homecoming pep rallies are a time for celebration and school spirit for the teams that are presented. The school came together to cheer on its football team before their big game. For both students and facility, the homecoming pep assembly was a time to remember. Senior Emily Lesher stated, “It was fun, everyone apart of a club or sport gets to show what they care about and everyone comes together.”

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Homecoming Pep Assembly”

1. Nadia on November 2nd, 2018 10:11 am

Love this article and you covered everything in the pep assembly and nice wording !!

2. em on November 2nd, 2018 10:23 am

Good article! Could be longer but enjoyable read.

3. Alexis delos Santos on November 2nd, 2018 10:29 am

Good article!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Homecoming Pep Assembly