Shepard Bowling Team

Jourdan Jackson, Staff Reporter

The Shepard High Bowling Team brings back four key returners as they aim at making a deep run in the state tournament.

The young Astros, now 4-3, have a chance to make some noise as the season progresses. Dominic Estrada(Sr.), Brenden Zaker(Sr.), Brynden Cleveland(So.), and Nick Musilek(So.) all bring back experience.

There’s high hopes for freshman Tyler Bartczak who has quickly moved up to varsity.

“Tyler is now anchoring for our team, he’s outstanding,” said head coach Simeon Shama.

Tyler made top ten at the Oaklawn Spartan invite averaging 210 over six games, placing him in eighth place.

The Astros team has a young core and are relying heavily on the underclassmen to help the team.

“This year we’re depending on some of our talent down on the fresh/soph level to propel varsity to the competitive level that we would like to be on,” said Shama.

Nick Musilek, a returning sophomore, has stepped his game up big this season.

“Nick Musilek has shown tremendous improvement and has really stepped up his game to solidify our starting line-up,” said Shama. “He’s been a lot more consistent than last year.”

With a team so young, the sky’s the limit as they develop overtime throughout the season.

“I am pleasantly surprised by our potential and look forward to promising season,” said Shama.

The Astros’ next match is today against D218 rival Richards.