• March 14Shepard Family Raises Over $80,000 for St. Baldricks

• March 4Shepard Skaters Bring Home the Gold!!

• February 19Wrestler Sherman Dixon Places 4th at State!!!

Looking for movies or music this holiday season?

Back to Article
Back to Article

(Photo courtesy of Google.)

(Photo courtesy of Google.)

(Photo courtesy of Google.)

(Photo courtesy of Google.)

McKenzie Reh, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Ready to get into the holiday spirit? Then you should definitely watch and listen to these top ten Christmas movies and songs according to https://www.thetoptens.com/top-christmas-movies/ and http://www.worldofchristmas.net/christmas-songs/top-10-songs.html

Top Ten Christmas Movies
1.Home Alone
A little boy named Kevin McCallister gets accidentally left behind when his family plans a Christmas vacation to Paris. At first, Kevin feels sad that his family left him behind, but then he realizes he has complete freedom to do what he wants while his family is away. But, most of Kevin’s time is consumed by him trying to stop two burglars from robbing his house with a variety of inventions he creates.
2. Elf
A man named Buddy lives in the North Pole and thinks he is an elf until he finds out that he is actually a human. Buddy’s papa tells him that his biological father, Walter Hobbs lives in New York City. So, Buddy travels great distances to make it to New York City where he finds his dad and shows him the importance of family.
3. A Christmas Story
Ralphie’s only dream for Christmas is to get a Red Rider BB gun even though his parents and teacher thinks it is an inappropriate gift for him because they tell him he will shoot his eye out.
4. It’s A Wonderful Life
George Bailey does everything he can to take care of his family and help the people of Bedford Falls by preventing Mr. Potter from taking over the entire town. But, on Christmas Eve George’s Uncle Billy loses their business’s $8,000 dollars, which lands in the hands of Mr. Potter. George knows that he will receive the blame for this and will be sent to jail, so he contemplates committing suicide. Until an angel named Clarence comes to Earth and shows George what it would have been like if he had never been born.
5. A Christmas Vacation
This movie is about the Griswolds’ family Christmas. Throughout the movie all Clarke Griswold wants is to have a happy and perfect Christmas with his family, but there are of course events that occur that prevent him from having the perfect Christmas he envisioned.
6. Polar Express
This movie takes place on Christmas Eve. It centers around a boy who starts to question the existence of Santa Clause until a train shows up outside of his house in the middle of the night and takes him to the North Pole where his belief is once again restored.
7. A Charlie Brown Christmas
This movie focuses on the main character, Charlie Brown and how it is really hard for him to get into the holiday spirit because he is depressed, until Lucy suggests that Charlie Brown direct a Christmas play. Charlie Brown happily accepts the job and the preparation for the play goes smoothly until Lucy sends Charlie Brown and Linus to go pick a Christmas tree. When Charlie Brown and Linus go to pick the tree, Charlie Brown picks the only live tree and it’s just a little sapling. Lucy tells Charlie Brown that they won’t use that tree because she believes it doesn’t have a good enough appearance to be included in the play. This causes Charlie Brown to feel sad again until his friends realize how much Charlie Brown likes the tree and they choose to decorate it in order to make Charlie Brown feel happy.
8. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Kevin McCallister returns in this movie. His family plans another family vacation, but this time they are going to Miami. This time his family does not accidentally leave him at home again instead he accidentally got on the wrong flight and ended up going to New York due to the fact that his family overslept and they had to rush to the airport where Kevin stopped to put more batteries in his Talkboy as they were rushing to catch their flight. At first, Kevin was scared when he arrived in New York, but then he started visiting sites and he even went to a toy store where he becomes friends with the owner. Eventually, Kevin has to create another set of inventions in order to protect the toy store from the two burglars in the first movie.
9. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
This movie starts off about how Donnor’s son, Rudolph, the only reindeer with a red nose is not being accepted because he is different from the other reindeers and how he tries to hide this difference so he can fit in. Eventually, Rudolph makes a friend with Hermey, an elf who ran away from Santa’s workshop because he would rather be a dentist than a toy maker and he is not accepted for having this dream. They both decide to run away together and along the way they make a bunch of new friends. After a couple of months, Rudolph returns home and after overcoming a few obstacles everybody learns the importance of acceptance.
10. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Jack, a skeleton and The Pumpkin King starts to feel like his life is dull because he does the same thing every year for Halloween and nothing ever changes. Until he takes a walk in the woods with his ghost dog, Zero and he comes across a bunch of doors carved into trees. Each door represents a different holiday and Jack goes through the door with the Christmas tree on it. He learns all about Christmas and when he returns home he becomes obsessed with the idea of becoming Santa Clause and delivering the gifts to the children of the world.

Top Ten Christmas Songs
1. White Christmas by Bing Crosby
2. Last Christmas by George Michael
3. Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry
4. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause by Jimmy Boyd
5. Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms
6. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
7. Snoopy’s Christmas by The Royal Guardsmen
8. Here Comes Santa Clause by Gene Autry
9. Little Drummer Boy by Harry Simeone Chorale
10. Donde Esta Santa Clause by Augie Rios