The Jonas Brothers Have Reunited

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Jonas Brothers Have Reunited

(Photo Courtesy of Google.)

(Photo Courtesy of Google.)

(Photo Courtesy of Google.)

(Photo Courtesy of Google.)

McKenzie Reh, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The reunion that we’ve all been waiting for is finally here and we didn’t have to wait until “the year 3,000” for it to happen. The Jonas Brothers (Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, and Kevin Jonas) are officially back. “We all felt there is a magic when we’re together that we really missed. We want to feel that again,” said Nick Jonas.
They released their first new song since their break up on March 1 at midnight called “Sucker.” An interesting fact about the music video for “Sucker” is Joe’s soon to be wife (Sophie Turner), Nick’s wife (Priyanka Chopra), and Kevin’s wife (Danielle Jonas) all starred in the music video with them.
The band agreed to do a week-long takeover on “The Late Late Show” hosted by James Corden from March 4-7 on CBS.
The band participated in one of the show’s popular segments called “Carpool Karaoke” where they announced to the world that they were back. They also participated in a game called “Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts” in which they got the choice to either answer a question or eat the disgusting food that was in front of them like, “beetle marmalade toast” and “worm spaghetti.”
During “Carpool Karaoke”, The Jonas Brothers revealed that they went to therapy together for a year before they reunited as a band and Nick admitted that he was the one who broke up the band. “I broke the band up, but I got them back together,” Nick said.
Nick stated, “We literally spent a year basically doing therapy, working through some things and figuring out what this chapter would look like. We’ve had to be really open and honest. There are things in the past that bothered us from time to time, even in our performances that we would do.”
Nick mentioned to Teen Vogue that they have several more songs in the works. So far the band has recorded 30 to 40 new songs that they are planning to release along with the documentary they are making about their recent musical reunion.
The documentary was originally going to follow their childhood, their time as a band, and their solo careers, but Nick said, “During filming and production we started to realize that there was a magic that we felt we were missing. So the process was basically just us saying why don’t we give this another shot?”
So get comfortable Jonas Brothers fans because they are finally back. The band has even started hinting at a reunion tour.
“We started playing a little music together and realized right away this is where we’re meant to be in our lives at this moment,” Nick stated.
Nick claimed that it was originally his idea to reunite the band, but it became an official plan after several conversations while working on their upcoming documentary.
“We all talked about it and after a few conversations and a bit of healing that needed to be done as family, we all came to the decision to do this again,” said Nick.
An interesting rumor started last year that they might have been reuniting the band. The rumor began to take off when their Instagram page was mysteriously activated and a picture was posted of the band before their break up.
The page was deactivated the previous five years. The band officially broke up in 2013 because they said their family was more important to them. After the group had disbanded Nick went on to have a successful solo career, Joe became the lead singer of the band DNCE, and Kevin took a break from show business.
Another picture was posted on Instagram of the band that featured the caption “Family Reunion” leading fans to believe that the band might be preparing to announce a world reunion tour. The brothers also were seen in a picture at Nick Jonas’s show which Joe and Kevin both posted on their personal media accounts. According to their fans that photo seemed like it could be an album cover.
While some fans believe that all of those pictures only showed three brothers spending time together, others thought that it was a sign that they were getting the band back together.
Nick Jonas put those rumors to rest when on the E! red carpet special, ahead of the 2018 Grammy Awards, when Ryan Seacrest asked him if the Jonas Brothers were reuniting and he replied, “We hung out for a weekend all together and I guess our Instagram was restarted.” “Right now there’s no reunion planned.
But never say never- you never know what’s going to happen.” Senior Kiely Roberts said, “I think it would be really awesome if the Jonas Brothers reunited as a band” and now the wait for Kiely and the rest of the Jonas Brothers’ fans is finally over.
Some interesting facts about the band are they officially created the band in 2005 and they started to star in movies and TV shows on Disney Channel. They starred in the Disney Channel movies: Camp Rock in 2008 and Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam in 2010.
The band also starred in the reality TV series Jonas Brothers; Living the Dream and Jonas L.A on Disney Channel. The band sold over 17 million albums worldwide and received a Grammy Award nomination in 2009 for “Best New Artist.”