Leo Club

Jourdan Jackson, Staff Reporter

Camille Tunstall is a new teaching assistant at Shepard High School. Though she is new, here she is already making impacts at Shepard High. Tunstall is the advisor of the LEO Club. With her she brings over 20 years of working experience with youth and community service.

The Leo Club is an all year round club. “We dedicate ourselves to volunteer in the school and community,” said Tunstall.

LEO is an acronym that stands for, “Leadership, Experience and Opportunity”. The Leo club works in conjunction with the Worth Lions Club. Together they are involved mainly in community service and outreach work such as feeding the homeless, youth engagement activities, and hosting BINGO for senior citizens.

One of their big events is a senior citizen dance. Senior citizens from surrounding communities come in and enjoy catered and dance to the music of the Teddy Lee Band.

“The senior citizens really get into it,” said Tunstall. They enjoy showing the teenagers the dances of their time. The event this year is scheduled for Saturday, February 10.
If you are interested in joining the Leo Club, you can find Mrs. Tunstall during 6th period in B108.

When asked what the requirements to join the club are, Mrs. Tunstall replied, “There are no specific requirements to join, only a willingness to help your community and those who may be less fortunate than yourself.”

Currently, there is no capacity on the numbers that may join, the more the merrier. Meetings take place every other Wednesday after school in B108, all welcomed.